MOT Thorpe Hamlet
Book Your MOT test Online Today in Thorpe Hamlet
Need an MOT in Thorpe Hamlet? Book online now with 1st Performance. Just click on the box below, enter your vehicle details pick a date and time and Voila you are booked all you need do is turn up. If you request it we can also send you a reminder for next year.
All authorised MOT Testing Centres are regulated and licensed by the Department of Transport and DVSA (our Station no is V101066)
If your vehicle is over 3 years old it is required by law to have an MOT certificate. The purpose of the MOT test is to ensure all vehicles meet the minimum safety level standards and are in a roadworthy condition. To avoid your vehicle failing for cheap, easily fixable reasons it is a good idea to undertake a few simple Pre MOT Checks.
These are a few of the items that the MOT Test has always covered including:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
Additional items that were added to the MOT test in May 2018 include:
- Additional braking device performance
- Daytime running lamps, front fog lamps, reversing lamps
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine and transmission
Faults have now been given new designations:
- Dangerous. This is a Fail as it has a direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment. THE VEHICLE MUST NOT BE DRIVEN UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED.
- Major. This is a Fail as It may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment. REPAIR IT IMMEDIATELY.
- Minor. This is a Pass. It has no significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment. REPAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Advisory. This is a Pass, but it could become more serious in the future. MONITOR AND REPAIR IF NECESSARY.
Contact us about your MOT
We understand the getting your MOT sorted can be a stressful time, here at 1st Performance in Thorpe Hamlet we pride ourselves on our customer service and excellent workmanship. If you have any questions about the MOT please call us on 01603 787202 or complete our contact form.